Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Red Lion - Ripley






















Visited 18th March 2011.
 
Our final 'spoons of the day. We found it without to many problems and managed to park in the market square opposite. Another busy pub, but again, plenty of room and we easily found a table. I had a pint of Jaipur India pale ale, the first time I have had this very quaffable beer and hopefully not my last. Mrs S. went off in search of the loos and returned a short while later saying how nice they were. I went off to check the gents - an interesting mirror effect at each end of the room but once again the ladies had us beat hands down. I'm starting to wonder... will I ever find a 'spoons with better gents than ladies. Somehow I doubt it, I can't speak for other guys but so far I have never felt the urge to visit a gents and spend some time chatting on a sofa! We both liked this pub, it certainly had a bit of character about it.
I fancied a bit of a change from 'spoons food and so we left in search of a kebab shop - we found one just round the corner. I had a chicken kebab but spent much of the next day regretting it and wishing I had stuck with a madras...
We headed back to the B&B, I had some homework to do in preparation for tomorrow...
 
© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment