Sunday 30 September 2012

The Royal Oak - Dorchester
















Visited 2nd September 2012.

Our final pub of the day was a few miles up the road in Dorchester, a town that I spent a lot of time in some thirty years ago and I was curious to see how it had changed. As it turned out I was able to recognize quite a bit but not 'The Royal Oak' which was opened several years after I left. Mrs S. took the group photo. Usually it's a bit of a mission to get anybody to stand with me for the photo session but today I was surrounded by budding models. It was very busy inside and we ended up sitting around a couple of tables outside. Bizarrely we all ended up having Pepsi to drink, much to the bemusement of the barman who served us. We sat chatting for a while but it was soon time to head for home. It had been a good day and we had packed a lot in but we were also feeling a bit sad as we knew it would probably be a good while before we would get the chance to all get together again. Pub of the day was, for me anyway, 'The Man in the Wall', I thought the bar was great!


© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment