Saturday 13 February 2010

The Back of Beyond - Reading





Visited 7th February 2010.


Mrs S. once again needs to go shopping and apparently whatever it is she needs can only be purchased in Reading??? Still, I'm not complaining as there are three Wetherspoon pubs there that need sampling. The shopping is quickly dispensed with and after a short walk we are in The Back of Beyond. A narrow front gives way to a dark and deceptively long pub. We know we cannot stay to long as we have another two pubs to visit and only a short afternoon to do it. But it would be breaking my rules not to at least have drink so I go for a pint of Side Pocket with Mrs S. continuing her acclimatisation to beer with a half of Dark Hare. Ultimately she decides this is a mistake and (I'm still not sure how it happened) I end up with the half and she ends up with my pint! Moving on...

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment