Sunday 30 May 2010

The Parkstone and Heatherlands - Bournemouth




Visited 23th May 2010.


Bored sitting at home and the weather is nice - hot even, maybe the hottest day of the year so far. Out comes the bike and I'm off to Bournemouth. This turns out to be something of a mistake as a couple of other people have had the same idea and Bournemouth is full. Fortunately, being on a bike I'm able to find somewhere to park and take a walk through the park to the beach... Which is also full. I don't stay long as I wasn't planning on sunbathing and there is no space to put my towel anyway. Instead I walk back to the bike - just a little warm by now - and try to find a 'spoons. I've already visited a few in Bournemouth so I know I'm going to have to go a little further afield. The Parkstone and Heatherlands is where I hang my helmet. A burger and a coke ("it's Pepsi, is that OK?") later and I'm feeling cooler and a bit more human again. The pub is dark and cool and I'm sitting at a table looking out of a large open window where I can feel a refreshing breeze blowing in. I'm feeling very comfortable but I need to move on as I have planned for one more stop today. One quick word of thanks to the attractive young lady who was kind enough to interrupt her afternoon to take the photographs.

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment