Sunday 22 August 2010

The Cap in Hand - Surbiton





Visited 8th August 2010.

Our last pub of the day was an altogether different affair. Just down the road is 'The Cap in Hand' and it's got a car park. Pudding time. A Belgium waffle with chocolate and ice-cream for Mrs S. and the apple crumble for me. We sat in the conservatory to eat with a fine view of the A3. Hmm, what to drink. Whilst I'm not big on change I do like to try different drinks and my curiosity over the strawberry cider turned out to be overwhelming. I should have remembered my previous affairs with chocolate beer and banana beer, they did not end happily. The photo of the drink does not really do the colour justice. In the photo it looks almost brown, in reality it was pink. I cannot complain. I asked for a taste sample first and the pint was everything I expected and did taste of strawberries. Unfortunately I just couldn't finish it! I would like to say that I've learnt my lesson but I also know that if someday I spot mango beer, fish & chip beer or even a hearty cooked breakfast cider I will still be buying a pint to sample.
All in all a pleasant afternoon out with 'The Coronation Hall' being the real jewel in the crown.

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment