Sunday 22 August 2010

The Coronation Hall - Surbiton






Visited 8th August 2010.

As it turns out The Coronation Hall just down the road from Kingston is also in an old theatre. I spent several minutes chatting with a chap in a blue shirt who was more than happy to tell me some of its history including the fact that Phyllis Dixey, 'The Girl from Surbiton' had performed there as had many famous acts such as Laurel and Hardy. With a pint of spitfire in my hand I spent a few minutes chatting with a couple of other people about the place, everybody had something to say. Whilst taking a photo of the 'Peek-a-Boo' picture a young lady was kind enough to show me how to turn the flash off on my camera (and back on again afterwards) and her friends were kind enough to lean back out of camera shot while also quizzing me on what I wanted the photo for. An interesting pub with more than a few characters.

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment