Thursday 23 September 2010

The Colombia Press - Watford
















Visited 19th September 2010.

I had always hoped to try and visit on average one Wetherspoon pub a week but now that "Humbug Season" is fast approaching the plan has become to try and visit a slightly more ambitious one hundred 'spoons by the end of the year. With this in mind we decided to spend today visiting Watford and a little of the surrounding area, our goal being to visit four pubs starting with 'The Colombia Press'. I'm sorry to say that the first on our list turned out to be not at all to Mrs. S. liking. The pub was long and narrow and full of fans watching Manchester United and Liverpool running around chasing a football. It took us a while to find a place to sit as it was so busy and disappointingly I was told I was unable to have the beer I wanted as it was cloudy. Still, the cider was fine. Only a small Pepsi for my driver as she really, really doesn't like football and I knew we wouldn't be staying long. She also had one complaint - smelly toilets. But a plus point, as I said it was busy and while I was waiting at the bar to be served along with several other customers a member off staff appeared to help out and asked the serving barman who was next. The barman was obviously keeping track as he was immediately able to say. Now this should happen all the time but in many pubs it just doesn't!

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment