Saturday 25 September 2010

The William Jolle - Northwood Hills















 
Visited 19th September 2010.

A few miles down along a pretty-ish straight road brought us to our last pub of the day. Fortunately it was pretty straight forward to find which was just as well as the charging socket on my phone, which I rely on for SatNav instructions had fallen off earlier in the day and was now running very low on electricity. Mrs S. doesn't like being lost and was starting to worry that we would never find our way home - I was able to amuse myself for a while by not telling her that we were only about 18 miles from our "home location". The pub itself is essentially one large room, panelled with a light coloured wood, a few alcoves and a few bookshelves. Again, it was fairly busy with a few families eating and lots of couples. Everybody seemed very chatty and cheerful. I opted for one of my now favourite tipples, a double buffalo trace and coke Pepsi with my chauffeur sticking with a small Pepsi. Another nice pub. And that was how the day went, all very nice pubs in their own way but nothing to make either of us say "Wow". Comforting in its own way. Despite no SatNav we made it home without any problems but now I have to get a new phone, stay tuned!

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment