Saturday 20 November 2010

The Moon on the Hill - Harrow

















Visited 14th November 2010.

My final pub of the day.  I have a new phone which is providing the SatNav and it is telling me that I can only get close to 'The moon on the Hill'. I park up and use the phone as my guide while I walk the rest of the way. It seems to be about half a mile or so and it is getting cold so by the time I find the pub it is looking very welcoming. It is a wide but not very deep pub, reasonably busy and while I am waiting to be served I realise I cannot find my wallet. Now, I know I had it at the last pub so I stand there checking all my pockets and them my bag... Nothing! Bugger! I leave the pub and set off at a brisk walk back to the car - half a mile or so. I get back to car and after a (very) brief search I find it sitting in plain view in the middle of the passenger seat. Not sure how it got there but as least it's not missing any more. Half a mile back to the pub and by now I'm ready for a pint but have to settle for a large Pepsi! £1.80 for a soft drink... Hmm I always feel cheated at that, maybe if it included free refills I wouldn't feel so bad. Must remember to bring that up with the chairman if I ever get the chance to meet him. I sit and have a quiet drink as it is thinning out a bit now and when I finally leave there are no smokers waiting to assist me so it's a bit an arm stretch. I always look so ill when I do that. As I leave the pub I decide to have a little look round before heading back to the car and so end up turning right instead of left. I only walk a few tens of yards before I realise I can see the 'wrong' end of the road I parked the car in and with a loser look I can see the car. Doh! Oh well, at least I walked the drink off!
© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment