Wednesday 1 December 2010

The Groves Company Inn - Swindon





























Visited 25th November 2010.

After a very short walk we're in our fourth pub of the day. I finally manage to get my Buffalo Trace with Mrs S. mixing her drinks and opting for an orange and passion fruit J2O. This pub is a lot quieter than the others, it's also got a brighter style about it. The barman was on the ball and was keeping track of who was to be served next. An essential skill I always think but all to often lacking. Generally I don't take photos inside the pubs we visit, I think it can be a bit disturbing for my fellow drinkers but occasionally I see something that catches my interest and in this case it was the squiggly lights. Mrs S. also approved - those that know her would regard this as an accolade on a par with receiving an Oscar. We didn't stay to long as Mrs S. still had to go back to Boots to get her shopping. Fortunately for her, upon arriving back at Boots her filled basket was still sitting on the floor where she had dumped it previously and the tills were once again working. In and out in less than five minutes - result. Time to get back on the road, holidays don't get taken on their own!

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment