Monday 27 December 2010

The White Hart - Aylesbury





















Visited 27th December 2010.

It's in my head. Only four more pubs to go to reach one hundred... And I received some Wetherspoon gift tokens as a Christmas gift. I hear them singing, "spend me, spend me". I resist the urge and then the phone goes and a friend of mine is asking if I fancy going down the pub. As he offers to drive I check Google Earth and in almost no time have a list of four 'spoons to visit. An hour later and we are in Aylesbury, parked and walking across the road to the first pub of the day. As usual when we set off we have no idea what to expect but we were all pleasantly surprised by 'The White Hart'. Not very inspiring to look at from the outside but very nice inside. I opt for a pint of Rudolph's Revenge, Mrs S goes for her usual Sailor Jerry and Pepsi with our driver settling for a pint of Pepsi. We were feeling a little peckish but, unusually for a Wetherspoons, we could not see anybody eating so we decided to wait for the next pub. As we left we did spot two people tucking in but by then the decision had been made and we had been told that the next pub was less than five minutes walk away...


© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment