Thursday 30 April 2015

The Standing Order - Southampton













Visited 18th April 2015.

It turned out to be only a short ride to the third pub and I managed to park near a park. As it turned out I could have parked a lot closer but Mrs SatNav wasn't in a very helpful mood. I ended up with a bit of a walk and very quickly started heating up in my heavy jacket so it was with great relief that when I eventually entered the pub it was nice and cool. I ordered a pint of Pepsi this time and although the pub was busy I was once again served quickly. I sat and drank and cooled off and it wasn't long before I felt ready to tackle the walk to the final pub on my list for the day. I set off walking guided by the none to subtle voice of Mrs SatNav but was disappointed upon reaching the target post code and then being unable to find the pub. I was of course feeling very hot again by now so I asked the only person I could see for directions. As it turned out I was still about a fifteen minute walk away so I decided to return to the bike and have another short ride, but somehow I managed to miss a turning and ended up with a longer ride than expected!


© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment