Sunday 21 March 2010

The Eastgate - Northampton





Visited 5th March 2010.


Once again I find myself working in Northampton. This is not a problem as it gives me another chance to have lunch in a 'spoons. With lunch consisting of the infamous "beer and burger". The pub is very busy and as I'm on my own it turns out to be a little tricky to "bag" a table and get to the bar, order and get back before someone else sits down, however between myself and the barmaid we manage to get me settled. It's not to long before I have company as I'm joined at my table by a lady who has been out doing a little shopping and now needs a coffee. I'm also volunteered into watching her bags while she goes outside for a smoke. It all seems so familiar somehow. We end up in conversation and I try to find out where the nearest 'spoons is to where we are as I know there is one more somewhere in Northampton that I still need to visit. Jackpot - she tells me it is just round the corner less than a minutes walk away. I thank my guest and I'm on my way!

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment