Sunday 21 March 2010

The Rodboro Buildings - Guildford




Visited 7th March 2010.


It's not raining today. In fact the sun is in the sky. Mrs S. has gone shopping, the kids are out and I'm all alone (ahhh) so I have made the decision to unpack the bike from its winter covers and head for the open road, well Guildford anyway. An easy pub to find as its so large and situated where you just can't miss it. The only problem was finding somewhere to park. Lots of car parks but it took an age to find somewhere to park a bike. Thanks to the couple who were kind enough to stop and take my picture. I liked this place. It's very big and airy with a large area upstairs and a smaller kind of lower dance area. In keeping with the spirit of the day I am trying something different from the menu, a BBQ chicken and bacon panini. The football was on so I settled in for the long haul. The barmaid whose name I didn't get was very nice and kept me supplied with coffee as I was reluctant to leave my nice warm cocoon and brave the, by now, much colder elements outside. It admit it took a while but I finally made my exit and headed for home.

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment