Wednesday 25 December 2013

The Saracens Head Inn - Daventry

















Visited 14th December 2013.
 

This is turning out to be a busy December. I'm on my own this time as Mrs S. is staying at home to do a little Christmas wrapping. As is usual with these matters they tend to go more smoothly if I'm not involved so I am doing my bit to help by getting out of the way and how better to get out of the way than by visiting a few Wetherspoon pubs. My plan is to head in the general direction of Wolverhampton and pop into a few pubs on the way. No special reason for picking Wolverhampton, it's just there.

I'd had an early start and was getting a bit hungry so the first order of the day was to get some breakfast. I made good time getting the first pub on my rough list but then lost a bit of time trying to park in the small (but full) car park. I ended up parking in the road opposite, up the hill slightly, not to far to walk, but I was hungry. Inside it seemed to be a bit of the maze and I seemed to keep finding small rooms full of people, but not to many that I wasn't able to find a table. The barmaid was very good at keeping track of who had been waiting longest and took my order of a traditional breakfast with a large latte with a friendly chat and smile. The coffee was very hot, just the way I like it and set me up nicely for the day ahead.

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment