Saturday 5 September 2009

George's Meeting House - Exeter





Visited 27th July 2009.


Just around the corner from The Chevalier Inn is George's Meeting House which is where we went next after a little more shopping. George's Meeting House is a great example of one of the reasons I am doing this (apart from the beer). Built as a Unitarian chapel in 1760 and named after George III with the pulpit (allegedly) built in 1687 and moved to George's in 1760. OK, so I read some of the wall plaques. But I like the idea of recycling buildings, especially if they are being conserved, restored and turned into places where I can have a drink!
I would recommend a visit although I cannot guarantee there will be any women showing off their cleavage. (Cleavages? Cleavai?)

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment