Sunday 27 September 2009

The Lord Moon of the Mall - London, West End





Visited 14th September 2009.


It's busy at work and I find myself on one of my rare trips out of the office. Today I've been sent to see some clients in Central London to perform a little troubleshooting. The train and tube is running with no problems, I get the client sorted in a couple of hours and now it's lunch time. I have a couple of hours before my next appointment to I decide to take a walk and see a few of the sights London has to offer. My walk takes me past the Houses of Parliament and along Whitehall towards Trafalgar Square. Just before I reach Nelson's Column over on the left I spot my target (more on targets later). First problem is getting a photo, it's busy and I wait several minutes for a gap in the traffic. Done. Now to find somebody to photograph me. I spot a tourist laden with their own cameras and home in. My attempts at mime pay off and then I enter into a "traditional English pub". Wetherspoon's words not mine. OK, so they were fairly right. I waited a while to be served although the bar staff did not appear to be to busy, there was no sense of urgency even though I was attempting to look as thirsty as possible. Eventually I had my pint of "Bear Ass" and was able to spend a few minutes relaxing and decor. I generally like old style pubs and I did feel comfortable but for a real traditional English pub feel it needed to be just a little darker. Cheers and toodle-pip!

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment