Thursday 31 May 2012

The Ledger Building - London, Docklands





















Visited 22nd May 2012.

Something a little different today. I have been to visit an exhibition at the ExCel centre. The day started with a long train journey into London Docklands and was then followed by a very full day listening to speeches and generally being brought up to date with some of the latest Cloud technologies. By the end of the day I was more than ready for a beer. Just a few stops on the DLR followed by a short walk took me to 'The Ledger Building'. It was a warm evening and there were a lot of people standing outside having a drink so I had no problem getting a table in the much cooler interior. Today was steak night so I ordered the 8oz sirloin and a pint of Old Growler. As usual, whenever I've had a steak in a 'spoons, I was asked how I would like the steak cooked. Also as usual I replied medium and also as usual it arrived well done... Well, at least it's consistent! I would like to say a big thank you to the very nice waitress who took the photo for me, so much better than having to try and do a self-portrait. I was hoping that by the time I left the evening train rush would be over and that I might get a seat. Sadly this wasn't the case and I do worry how our train system will cope during the Olympics, I know I won't be trying to use it... I guess we'll find out soon..
. 

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment