Tuesday 12 June 2012

Waterend Barn - St Albans

















Visited 7th June 2012.

Like so many people I have taken the three days between the Jubilee bank holiday and the weekend as holiday. Sadly Mrs S. hasn't so I'm on my own and bored. So, I can stay at home and do some DIY or hit the road and visit a few pubs. Hmm, if I'm quick I can be at the first pub in time for breakfast. I set off for St Albans intending to eat at 'The Cross Keys' but having parked and walked in to town the first 'spoons I came to was the 'Waterend Barn'. Decision made, breakfast was calling. Inside it was... barn like and very warm. The fires were on and had collected quite a fan club but it was a little to warm for me so I headed in to a different, cooler but still barn like room where I sat and ate a large breakfast and drank a large latte. I started chatting to the barmaid who gave me directions to 'The Cross Keys' but also told me that it had closed last week and would not be reopening. Now I need to check this out for myself!
 


© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment