Sunday 11 October 2009

The Central Bar - London, Shepherds Bush




Visited 3rd October 2009.


Mr and Mrs Sinner have decided to go visit some friends in London. Maybe it's because they like a beer or maybe it's because they have bought into "the Wetherspoons Challenge" idea but they thought it would be a good idea to spend the day with us visiting a few Wetherspoon watering holes. The Central Bar is the first Wetherspoon pub I have visited in a shopping centre. Not quite my idea of a pub but I can get on board with the idea. I thought it would be busy, filled with men waiting for their wives to finish shopping. It was busy but not a full as I was expecting, maybe not all men have my aversion to retail therapy. I sipped on a pint of Dark Island as I sat looking out over Shepherds Bush Green and contemplated the day ahead. With around seventy Wetherspoon pubs in London only one of which I had already visited it was obvious we couldn't get to them all today. Between us we worked out a route based on what was closest to where we were and as we were getting a little peckish made the decision to eat at the next location. In retrospect this was not the best plan in the world!

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment