Monday 26 September 2011

The Staple Hill Oak - Bristol

















Visited 18th September 2011.

I was sat at home thinking that I hadn't taken the bike out for a while and that it would be a nice way of spending the afternoon checking out a few 'spoons. A quick look at the map showed a cluster of unvisited pubs around Bristol and so that became the target. However, am hour and more sat on the bike just blatting along the M4 would make for a pretty boring ride. A
quick look from the front door and a view of some very dark clouds made me think car. As it turned out this was the correct decision as it started to rain just as I was nearing Newbury and by 'started to rain' I mean 'absolutely pissed down'. I had decided that my first pub of the day would be 'The Staple Hill Oak'. The car was parked and following a short walk I was soon sat in the pub drinking a large latte checking out the yellow walls and rain bucket in the middle of the floor. The pub was one large room, full of a mainly older clientele tucking into the Sunday roast. Despite being pretty busy a very friendly, chatty barman spent a couple of minutes telling me about an upcoming charity cycle ride covering two hundred Wetherspoon pubs. Coffee drunk, time to make a move as the plan is to visit five pubs today.

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment