Tuesday 25 October 2011

The Bridge House - Chippenham


















Visited 16th October 2011.

Something different today. We are going clothes shopping (was that a groan), not for Mrs S. this time but for me. I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks and probably won't get away with T-shirt, shorts and slippers. Neither of us have been to Swindon Designer Outlets and it is fairly near to a 'spoons we haven't visited before so in the interest of efficiency... It turns out to be a pretty straight forward place to get to and SatNav lady has no problems. I manage to purchase a suit without to much hassle and negotiate a good rate for two shirts as well. All this shopping makes me thirsty and Mrs S. wants her lunch so we, once again, employ the services of SatNav lady who inexplicably directs us into a car park. Amazing, it turns out she is spot on and we can see the pub from our parking bay. She is in excellent form today. The pub is set in a very attractive location and turns out to be equally nice inside. There is seating upstairs but it turns out there is no bar so we head back downstairs again and take a table overlooking the river, all very nice. Mrs S. opts for a chicken burger and a Pepsi (and a large latte). I order a gourmet beef burger and double up on the burger, along with festival ales 26, 43 and 45. I do like the third pint idea. I got a bit short changed on the bacon in the burger and although I mentioned it to the manager the promised bacon sadly did not materialise. I know mistakes happen but complaints should not be forgotten about! The trip home was uneventful and we were both happy with our shopping, me as I had found something that fitted and Mrs S. because it hadn't turned into the usual traumatic experience that she normally has to suffer while clothes hunting for me.


© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.




No comments:

Post a Comment