Monday 31 October 2011

The Goldengrove - London, Stratford





















Visited 26th October 2011.

Day two of my mini-break. Today I thought I would go and visit the new Westfield centre in Stratford. It has been all over the news and my old company had done some work there so I want to go and take a look. As it turned out I very quickly got bored looking round a shopping centre (no surprise there) and turned my attention to looking for the nearest unvisited Wetherspoons. Which turned out to be well within walking distance, it could almost have been planned... It was raining so I was a little damp by the time I arrived. First impressions of the pub were quite favourable. I ordered a breakfast bloomer and a large latte, not quite ready for a beer as I was still recovering from to many Buffalo's yesterday. It was nice and quiet in my booth and by the time I had finished breakfast, read my book a little and finished steaming myself dry I felt ready to take on anything. This turned out to be a little optimistic as I got soaked again walking back to the tube station. I was only planning on visiting two pubs today and I was quite looking forward to visiting the next one as the last time I tried to check it out it was closed!



© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment