Saturday 30 June 2012

The Jack Phillips - Godalming

















Visited 17th June 2012.

The sun was shining and the bike had not been out for a run for a while so it seemed like an ideal thing to do. I checked Google Earth and picked on Godalming as a suitable place to go visit. I took a nice leisurely ride out avoiding any motorways and ended up in the picturesque town of Godalming, where, as it was Sunday I managed to park right outside the pub. I went in and found a table and then headed to the bar where I ordered a burger and a pint of Pepsi. The pub was very festive with the Jubilee bunting pairing up well with the mainly blue decor. I started playing a game on my phone while I waited for my food and it was only when I had finished my drink that I started to wonder why the food was taking so long to arrive. Basically it had been cooked and then left on the side in the kitchen. By now it was over an hour since I had ordered and although I was hungry I was also feeling a little surly and asked the manager for my money back. He apologized and offered to go and have another burger cooked for me but I generally felt that I was being treated as a nuisance so I insisted on having my money back. It was given back to me without any fuss but the incident marred the day... and I was still hungry. I jumped back on the bike and headed for home. The trip home, as it turned out, was a fairly unpleasant experience too as my hay fever kicked in and I ended up sneezing continuously for the whole ride home. Never a nice thing when you are wearing a crash helmet! All in all it wasn't really the best day ever.

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment