Sunday 24 June 2012

The White House - Luton

















Visited 7th June 2012.

I made it to 'The White House' before the rain started and that was including a quick stop off at Specsavers to get my glasses tightened.
I entered through the side entrance and found myself in a fairly dark and gloomy and rather tired looking building. I order a Buffalo Trace and Pepsi and sat for a while wondering if I would make it back to the car before it started raining again. I had no coat but I did have my trust umbrella with me so I wasn't to worried. Before I left I wandered up to the far end of the building and it underwent a transformation. It was like being in a completely different pub, lighter, warmer, there was a second bar and an upstairs library. I wish I had found this end first! On the downside though, it was raining very heavily at this end of the building. I went back to the side entrance and sadly it was raining heavily there too. I didn't have time to wait so I went outside and took some photos in the rain, that was tricky as there was a wind getting up and I was fighting with the umbrella at the same time. I managed to get the photos (sort of) but the umbrella did not survive and ended up in a bin as I started what turned out to be a very soggy walk back to the car...


© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment