Monday 29 October 2012

Abraham Darby - Brierley Hill

















Visited 17th October 2012.

In complete contrast to the previous pub I am now in 'The Abraham Darby'. It is on the edge of a shopping centre and I have just spent a considerable amount of time wandering around the lanes looking for it. For some reason there didn't seem to be any maps or signage for where the various shop were and I eventually had to resort to asking people. Nobody seemed to know until I asked a security guard who didn't know but did ask a cleaner who from somewhere on his cart produced a map which he kindly gave to me. Map in hand I then walked almost the entire length of the centre (again) to the pub. I treated myself to a large Pepsi, after all the walking I felt that I had earned it. Another moan here, if a pint of beer was pulled and there was 3/4 of an inch gap between the top of the beer and the top of the glass there would be a huge fuss created (as there was when Wetherspoons tried to introduce oversize glasses). So why do so many bar staff think it is OK to do the same with Pepsi?
 

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment