Monday 29 October 2012

The Edward Rutland - Stourbridge





















Visited 17th October 2012.

By the time I got back to the car I was cold and windswept and ready for another coffee. A quick scan of my pub list and I'm off and heading to Stourbridge where the last two pub of the day were awaiting me. I made it
to Stourbridge uneventfully and managed to find a parking space almost directly outside the 'The Edward Rutland' having already driven past my final pub of the day a few hundred yards up the road. It was quiet inside, definitely the least busy pub of the day. While I was waiting at the bar I had a look around the room and saw several tables still with dirty plates and glasses on them. Several minutes standing at the bar and I was still waiting to be served. I was listening to the manager who was on the phone telling someone how busy they were and how understaffed they were... Eventually I was served a large latte. The pub did hold one surprise for me though. I had sat drinking my coffee in a fairly traditional setting but when I walked through to the back of the pub I had to go down a short corridor and emerged in to a much more modern looking room complete with disco lights and another bar, although there was still nobody in there. Not a bad pub but a shame about the lack of service


© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment