Monday 29 October 2012

The Chequers Inn - Stourbridge





















Visited 17th October 2012.

I still had a little time where my car was parked outside 'The Edward Rutland' before the space turned in to a taxi rank, so I walked up the road to 'The Chequers Inn'. It was busier than the previous pub and myself and several other people were kept waiting for a long time before we were served by the severely overworked barmaid. She did apologise for the long wait while she was pouring my small Pepsi. This was a nice looking pub, both inside and outside but as I had only a limited parking time and it had taken so long to get served in the two pubs it was all a bit of a rush and I had to leave a bit sharpish. As it was I made it back to the car slightly over time but appeared to have not incurred the wrath of any cabs drivers wanting to complain about my tardiness, mainly, I expect, due to fact that there were no cabs waiting for customers (or indeed any customers waiting for cabs). So, one day and eight more pubs to tick off my list, now it was time to find somewhere to stay for the night!


© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment