Monday 29 October 2012

The Royal Enfield - Redditch






















Visited 17th October 2012.
 

I left Stourbridge and a little way out of town I pulled over in to a lay-by and fired up Google on the phone. How hard could it be to find somewhere cheap to stay the night? After downloading a couple of Apps, and calling several numbers it turned out that it was quite hard. I increased the amount I was willing to spend and tried again. I had set myself a hard limit of £40 as at that point I felt I might as well drive home. Another couple of calls and still no luck - so much for all these offers I was finding of cheap rooms for the night! As soon as I tried to book, the offers seemed to disappear and the B&Bs and hotels would try to charge full price which always seemed be at least £70. A new plan was made, I would visit two more pubs and then head for home, good ol' "Plan B". A bit more driving and I was in Redditch which according to my pub list had two 'spoons, "two birds with one stone". I parked up and headed in to 'The Royal Enfield', a converted cinema. I ordered a regular Pepsi and sat and took a look round. The pub was large and not very busy but it had a couple of nice features including a Royal Enfield in the corner. I had a brief, but friendly chat with the barman to get some directions to the next pub followed by a not so brief but still friendly chat with a native about motorcycles. The next pub was within easy walking distance so off I set. There were a couple of drops of rain in the air so it was quite a brisk walk but I made it relatively dry and ready for something eat

© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment