Monday 29 October 2012

The Britannia - Rowley Regis





















Visited 17th October 2012.

I had a plan, at least for the first eight pubs that I intended to visit today and the main part of that plan was that all the pubs would be reasonably close together. Obviously this was to save time and allow me to cover more pubs so I was kicking myself at spending far to long finding 'The Britannia'. I parked and turned left from the car park, walking in the general direction of the town and then proceeded to wander in circles looking for the pub. I finally hit upon the idea (following one of those 'Doh' moments) of looking for increasing door numbers to find the pub, being fairly sure I was in the correct road. I ended up walking only a few hundred yards past the car park I was using to find the pub bathed in glorious sunshine just waiting for me to enter. I did and on this occaision really felt that I had earned the large latte that I settled down with. The pub was fairly busy but had a nice relaxed atmosphere, helped I'm sure by the cool, greenish interior and the friendly barstaff. I didn't tarry as I knew I had a busy day still ahead of me so as soon as I had finished my coffee I was on my way back to the car and on to the next pub.


© John Sinner. None of the material contained in this post, or this blog as a whole, may be reproduced without the express and written permission of John Sinner. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment